Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bon Voyage!

Today is the day I leave for Ascoli and in true "college student" fashion I have left all of my packing for today! My room has exploded with all types of clothing, shoes, electronics and anything else I think I "might need" in the 5 weeks I'll be abroad. But with the help of many different check-lists I have been able to condense it all down and pack my life up in to one suitcase, a backpack and a duffle bag.
This was only the beginning ....
Tonight I will be flying in to Venice, Italy where we will spend two days exploring and visiting all different types of museums. From Venice we will be making a 3-hour trek to San Martino where we will stay for three nights and visit museums, hike the alps and visite a malga (Alpine Farm). The whole week should be chalk full of all different adventures that I can't wait to experience on my own! From San Martino we will then make our way down to Ascoli Piceno where I will be spending the remaining 4 weeks taking classes and absorbing as much culture as I can! Stay tuned for stories of all the adventures that await!

Oh, and here's just a little sneak preview of the view outside of our hotel in Venice ...
Window view of Hotel Messner

No comments:

Post a Comment